This past Thanksgiving I had my parents, my uncle and my in-laws all over for Thanksgiving. In the midst of cooking, with family activity and conversations swirling around me, I realized that a cocktail was in order. Looking around, I thought that perhaps all seven adults needed a festive drink, as well. I opened the fridge and grabbed the cranberry juice, fresh cranberries, some limes to squeeze and then got out the tequila and the Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur. Little did I know that I was about to create the perfect holiday margarita.
And, if you worry about sugar, substitute the cranberry cocktail juice for 100% cranberry juice, diluted with water, and add stevia to sweeten. This is what I do.
- 3 oz of cranberry juice cocktail (1/3 cup)
- 1½ oz of tequila
- 1½ oz of Domaine De Canton (ginger liqueur)
- juice of half a lime
- for garnish:
- chopped cranberries
- sliver of fresh ginger
- wedge of lime
- salt (you could alternatively use sugar to rim the glass)
- Combine ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and pour into a salted martini glass. Garnish with chopped cranberries and a sliver of fresh ginger.
- You could also serve over ice in a short glass.
- Be creative, play with the ingredients to find your perfect ratios and have fun!