Perfect for leftovers from July 4th, or anytime when fresh tomatoes, corn, avocados, green beans and more are plentiful. If you made Elizabeth’s BBQ recipe we shared earlier this week (here), this is how you can go another round with that delicious yumminess!
- Mixed lettuces
- Cilantro, chopped — as ever much as you want. Have other fresh herbs? Great, add them!
- Corn, cut off the cob (proportions are purposefully left out of this recipe. This is for your leftovers and no one has the same amount. So, how about we say 1-5 ears?!)
- Variety of tomatoes diced up.
- Green beans blanched or raw cut into 2 inch strips
- BBQ chicken, pulled off the bone
- Red, white or green onions cut thinly and added to desired taste
- Chunky Sea or Celtic salt
- 1-2 Avocados cut up and placed across the top of salad
- Toss the herbs and mixed lettuces and place in large shallow bowl.
- Add corn, tomatoes, chicken, green beans and onion. Toss with lettuces or simply leave placed across top.
- Add avocado to the top.
- Sprinkle on salt.
- Add Jalapeno Ranch Dressing (see below for link to this recipe).
- Serve with a Potato Salad Pancake (see below for link to this recipe).
To perfect dressing for this salad is Jalapeno Ranch Dressing:
Serve salad with Potato Salad Pancakes, if you have extra potato salad around: